Our Current Job OpportunitiesAll Jobs
- Chemical / Refining
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Medical Device
- Pharma / Biotech Marketing
- Pharma / Biotech Med Affairs
- Oil & Gas
Senior Procurement Manager
Reference Number: -9538
Location: Denver, CO US 1
Senior Procurement Manager
I am currently representing a young, small CAP, publically traded E&P client.
In May 2006, the company was formed to facilitate institutional funding. From 2006 to 2010, they completed 15 significant transactions ultimately amassing the portfolio they operate today. In December 2010, they were recapitalized and consolidated. One year later, in December 2011 they listed on the NYSE. They currently have over 100 employees based in three regional offices: Denver, Houston, and Bakersfield.
Since the company’s IPO in December 2011 they have realized a 66% increase in their price per share and are now in a strong cash position, with oily assets in the Niobrara as well a as the Mid-Continent’s, which has led them to initiating a growth strategy that includes the need to on board a Procurement Manager in the Denver office.
Summary of Position
This Senior Procurement Manager position will report to the VP Rocky Mountain Asset Management and will office in Denver. The main responsibility of this position will manage Purchasing, Inventory, and Contractor Management to support our five-year drilling plan. This position will help establish process, tools, structure and commutation for the new Purchasing/Contract Management/Supply chain group with future state operations in mind. Will work closely with departments to forecast requirements between Operations, Drilling, Completions, and Facilities; responsible for creating strategic sourcing plans, management of materials, budgetary forecasting, Master Service agreements and Specialized Contractor Pricing Agreements. The Inventory & Materials Control Specialist in the Evan Field office will report to this position.
· Establish process, structure and commutation for a New Purchasing/Contract Management/supply chain group.
· Leads the effort of developing, coordinating and measuring national suppliers and stakeholder relationships.
· Provides forecasting and budgetary information to senior leadership for a CAPEX and OPEX yearly budgets.
· Manages supply chain, contracting documentation and negotiates commercial terms.
· Manages the Inventory Specialist in the Evans office and is responsible for the tracking and inventory of equipment, and Material Transfers.
· Provides support and guidance to Project managers and assures that KPIs are achieved in high profile projects.
· Drives suppliers to meet/exceed Service Level Agreements and ensure continuous improvement measures are implemented.
· Identify new opportunities to enhance value and performance by evaluating new products/services, reducing supplier base, standardizing product specifications, and optimizing existing purchasing practices.
· Initiates and manages spend aggregation, Master Service agreements and specialized pricing agreements.
· Organizing and implementing a strategic sourcing process for spend categories such as Pipe, Drilling and Completions, Contracting, MRO and acquisitions.
· Follow safe operating practices and ensure compliance with BCEI Environment, Safety & Regulatory requirements
· Assure all work performed adheres to BCEI standards
· Perform all other duties as assigned
Job Skills and Abilities
· Oil and Gas Operations
· Strategic & Operational planning
· Process Modeling and Improvement
· KPI and Metrics analysis
· Vendor negotiations
· Relationship Management
· Contract Execution & Administration
· Business analytics
· People, relationship building, and diplomacy
· Oral and written communication
· Work independently